UPDATE: Thanks to everyone who applied. Your applications were amazing and I was personally blown away by the caliber of apllicants. Constance Khoo has been selected as the intern for 2015 but subscribe here and we’ll let you know when future internship opportunities are available.
Passionate and talented at sharing stories online?
Fancy being connected to and mentored by a network of incredible individuals leading social change initiatives around the world?
This internship is for you. (See full role description below)
Big things are on the horizon for this blog in 2015. I’m blowing it wide open and changing this whole thing from being my own ‘personal’ blog, to a collective of inspiring activists, adventurers and thought leaders from around the world, all writing, filming and sharing the stories that matter most to them.
It’s going to look different, sound different and most importantly be different as we seek to tell the kinds of stories you won’t find anywhere else. (It’s also going to get a pretty cool new name… but that’s a surprise!)
Our stories will tackle the most pressing issues of our time – global poverty, human trafficking, climate change and the just treatment of asylum seekers and refugees – told by those on the frontline of these battles.
Stories that aren’t meant for simply for reading but for responding to with courage, action and intentionality.
We’ll also share stories and articles designed to encourage and uplift you in your personal life, that focus on goal setting, leadership, healthy relationships, travel and spirituality, as you seek to discover the purpose you were truly created for.
But in order to achieve all of this, I need someone very special!
Someone whose heart beats to the same drum.
Someone willing to make this vision their vision for one very special year.
So I’m officially putting the call out their for an intern, and if you’re wondering what you’ll get out of it in return, just take a look below….
Purpose of Position
I’m looking for a self-driven individual with a passion for sharing stories that inspire others to live for a purpose bigger than themselves as we seek to shed light on the most pressing social justice issues of our time.
You will be working with writers and contributors leading social change initiatives around the world.
It will be your responsibility to get these stories the ‘cut through’ they deserve, through creating and leading a strategic digital marketing plan that maximises current and evolving opportunities online and through social media.
- Internship duration: 1 year
- Avg. time commitment of 8 hrs per week (Note: Flexibility required as you respond to breaking stories and contributors working around the world)
- Work from wherever you are in the world. You just need a computer and good internet!
What you’ll get in return
- An ‘all-expenses-paid’ place on a World Vision ‘Overseas Experience’ Trip to Nepal in Feb, 2015.
- A personally developed ‘Leadership Development Plan’ to help you grow and reach your goals through the year.
- Opportunities for professional mentoring and input from leaders in the fields of international development, digital marketing and media and communications.
- Website – Manage and upload content whilst constantly striving to improve design and layout for maximum engagement (Code experience not-required)
- Email – Coordinate and seek to continually improve our email marketing for the delivery of new posts and special ‘action-based’ campaigns (fundraising, events etc.)
- Social Media – Coordinate, plan and deliver social media content across relevant platforms (Facebook, Twitter etc.)
- In-bound marketing – Drive and develop a strategy for increasing readership, subscribers and engagement
- Networking for growth – Identify key online and offline partners aligned with our mission who want to share our content with their networks
Desirables, Skills and Experience
- Proven experience in Communications, Digital Marketing and/or Social Media (Currently studying, graduated or holding relevant work experience).
- A keen engagement with the most pressing social justice issues of our time – global poverty, conflict, refugees and asylum seekers, child protection, climate change etc.
- Highly organised, motivated and able to work without strict supervision.
- Innovative and committed to the cause. Our impact and success needs to become your own personal mission too.
- A strong Christian faith that wants to see love, justice and grace flood into this world (Or a willingness and comfort with these values if not holding a personal faith yourself)
To apply, don’t worry about a cover letter! Instead, send me a short video introducing yourself and why you’d be perfect for this role according to the position description, as well as a brief CV outlining your experience (You can shoot this using whatever you like and send it to me via email / dropbox / whatever).
Applications due SAT 21 DECEMBER
The successful applicant will be contacted by the 1 JAN and must be ready to travel to Nepal FEB 7 – 20.
Direct applications and questions to firstname.lastname@example.org